Darwin the pooping champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hey all!

I'm coming up on week 6 with Darwin, and I've noticed something. He poops like no other animal I've owned! Furthermore, he only ever poops when I'm holding him (about half an hour, 4-5 times a week). Typically, what happens is that I'll let him sit on my stomach laying down or on the couch. After about 5 minutes, he starts exploring and that's when it starts. Typically he goes once or twice, but last night he went 4 times! I swear he was saving it because I didn't hold him at all on Wednesday. All the poo is consistently healthy looking, and he eats everything in sight (I typically feed him a little bit when I hold him just to make him feel more comfortable).

I've read it's not uncommon for Tortoise to defecate when you hold them (because they're look, not touch animals), but should I take this as a sign? Darwin seems to be decently comfortable with being held, and he often comes out to greet me in the afternoon (often near his food dish).

As always, enjoy his latest photoshoot!

24fkbhc.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I have HEARD that once you are comfortable around someone...you can do just about anything....invisible case he may be comfortable around you enough to cut loose...LOL....:p

Sorry...using my stupid smartphone...it added the word "invisible"....in prior post....jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.