cypress mulch at home depot for $2

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
just wanted to let everyone know that at my home depot right now they have bags of cypress mulch for $2, i guess gardening season is already almost over! they'll probably have christmas wrapping paper out the next time i go back... (haha) they're not the big big bags, just the regular sized garden mulch bags, but i still consider that a bargain!

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
I went to lowes and got a huge bag of organic cypress mulch for $3. My sulcatas love it too

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You guys have got to list your locations for us.

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
WOW...... I can't find cypress mulch anywhere in So Cal... I gave up and had to order it from amazon and the shipping cost is 4 times what the product costs. Anyone from So Cal have a supplier for cypress mulch?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I know you can order it from Tyler at Blue Beast Reptiles, but not for $2. I have not found a source for it in bulk anywhere in Socal yet. You can get a tiny bag of it at most pet stores for around $10, but that's not even enough to fill one of my humid hide boxes.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
well i live in ny.. the chunks are a little big but i chopped them up to make it smaller. i will post pics later tonight of what i bought

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Home Depot and Lowes carry a form of cypress, but not West of Ohio.... Even then, a good friend of mine that bought it (I think from HD, might have been at Lowes) said it had a bunch of other woods in it, including cedar. It was a cypress "blend" or "mix," and not pure cypress. We bought a semi-load of it and had it shipped to us here just because there's such a short supply on the West coast. If it was available over here for $3 a bag, I wouldn't have bought the semi-load from the East coast. Obviously, the shipping (freight) adds a lot to the cost, but there's no other way to get any good quantity of it on the West coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.