could you all help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

glendab63

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
this is a tort,that I'm thinking about getting but the top of the shell is kind of concerning to me,can you guy's tell me what you thank about it thanks

Attachments

• pets_013.jpg
    pets_013.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 46
M

Maggie Cummings

glendab63 said:
this is a tort,that I'm thinking about getting but the top of the shell is kind of concerning to me,can you guy's tell me what you thank about it thanks

It looks to me like he was burned at one time. He's not pyramided, he must have had decent care. I sure would take him, he's a great color...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
At some point in time he has either had bacterial or fungal shell rot. From what I can see it looks like it's pretty much healed. But a picture of him cleaned off would help to find out.

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm with Maggie on this one. I think that at one time in his life the light or CHE was hanging down too close to the top of the tortoise and he couldn't get away from it. They don't always feel that they are burning until the damage is done. There is nothing wrong with the tortoise now, it is old damage. So whether fungus, bacterial inf. or old burn, he's fine now and no reason not to take him.

Yvonne

glendab63

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I'm with Maggie on this one. I think that at one time in his life the light or CHE was hanging down too close to the top of the tortoise and he couldn't get away from it. They don't always feel that they are burning until the damage is done. There is nothing wrong with the tortoise now, it is old damage. So whether fungus, bacterial inf. or old burn, he's fine now and no reason not to take him.

Yvonne

Guys your the best thanks so very much,if I can come to an agreement with his owner I think I will give this guy a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.