cool egg story...at least I think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Last week I put the boxies (Eastern) in their hibernation houses and proceeded to "winterize" their pen. I turn the dirt and mix grass clippings, leaves, etc in with bird seed to get life going in the spring. While I was turning I found a lone egg! I took it in an candled it. There were blood vessels. Having no idea of it's orientation I put it on a table and let it roll to where it stopped and decided that was going to be it. It's been 2 weeks now. More blood vessels and I saw the embryo moving tonight! I really hope this means it may make it! I've had such bad luck with eggs this summer I could use a happy ending!

Has anyone else had a successful hatching from an egg that was disturbed by a shovel?!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How eggciting! I think its a cool story too.

M

Maggie Cummings

I think that's thrilling! I had 13 eggs all explode, I had such hopes for them. They were all in the incubator. I guess the female was too young. But it's crappy to watch them daily for 2 months then to start misting every day and pop and pop darn it anyway. So it is fun to read your story...good luck with it.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
That's so exciting. I've never found an egg. But many times during the end of the Summer I'd find a hatchling or two..

Status
Not open for further replies.