Conflicting temperature readings and high humidity reading in fridge brumation.

jasmin1

Location (City and/or State)
France
Hi all

Sorry posted this already as a mistaken reply in the wrong place.

I just wonder if somebody can put me straight with this.
I've got an inkbird temperature controller with a sensor for the fridge. I have one as a backup as well in case a problem with the first one.
Also an inkbird humidity sensor.
I don't know anything about brands but inkbird seems to be a good reliable one.
My problem is....up until I put the humidity sensor in,I thought everything was okay, relying on the temperature control inkbird....but now I have put the humidity sensor in the fridge as well they are both giving different readings...between half a degree and a degree ....celcius.
..sometimes a little more, and although the temperature sensor is set for 4.5°C , the humidity sensor ( also does temperature ) says that it has never been down as low as 5°C maybe 5.5°C or just under 6°C and an average of 6.6°C....

Now should I be worrying that this is too warm? should I change the original ink bird?
I have no idea how you would calibrate it either it was slightly out.
There is also a cheap DIY store Max/min temperature guage in the fridge which also reads warmer than both the others...

Does an Inkbird temperature sensor override any control that the fridge would have over the temperature?
The fridge temperature setting is at 4°C but I would say that that's not very accurate.
There is no way to turn that off.

Also finally..!....the humidity sensor gives readings between 50% and 85% even though I have taken the tray of water out that was originally in there.
If this percentage is too high is there any way I can lessen it

Ok if you made it this far great !..

all advice, as usual, very welcome
Thank you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
One degree off is okay. What species are we talking about?

50-85% humidity is also fine.

I think you are okay.