Chirping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farber2028

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
So I've read a little bit about the sound they can make when closing their beaks. Today Rafiki started to chirp. I put her in her water bowl for a bath and she started to chirp. It's like she's taking a bite of air and mid bite she makes the noise. It was almost like she was yelling at me for putting her in there. I just want to make sure that it's stirpulation or whatever it is. She's eating and pooping fine, no discharge or anything, no runny nose or whistling.

abclements

5 Year Member
Torts are known to be silent... that being said, they sure make some funny noises for being "silent" Lol he usually makes his noise when he sees food, so I think it's a happy noise. But he does make it sometimes when he's trying to escape from his soaking bowl too... So maybe they have different noises to sound similar to communicate different things?? But one way or another, it's a normal sound to hear.

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
You're luck yours chirps! All daisy does is hiss at my when I wake her up from her naps! :) also, I love the name! The next animal I'm getting will either be named simba or nala (depending if its a boy or a girl)

Status
Not open for further replies.