Chicken heat panel

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NOGALES, ARIZONA
I found this heat panel for baby chicks on Amazon does anyone know if this would work in a pvc closed chamber cage?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I have one of those that I incorporated into a "warming hut" for my Redfoot in their outside enclosure, for sunny days in NH that may not maintain optimal temps all day long.

It seems to work well, based on spot checks I've done with a laser thermometer, and/but I still have it run through a thermostat to prevent overheating.

Jamie

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I am not sure which heat panel you are talking about but I use two brands of chicken brooder heat panels in some closed chambers I have setup for baby tortoises. I run them on a thermostat and I have been pretty happy with the results so far.

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
I am not sure which heat panel you are talking about but I use two brands of chicken brooder heat panels in some closed chambers I have setup for baby tortoises. I run them on a thermostat and I have been pretty happy with the results so far.
The name of the heat panel is sweeter heater radiant heat panel

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hum, and I was Just @ TSC 2 hr's ago, picking up some oyster shell/Coral Calcium for My hen's. I walked right by these....

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I use the legs that are included and set the panel right on the substrate. I set it to the low power setting and control it with a thermostat with the sensor mounted to one of the legs.
It doesn’t do much to heat the entire enclosure when used like this but it serves as a heated hide like a miniature night box.