A54.jpg
A56.jpg

JD~ :)

****TGIF**** :D

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
How large of a part of their diet is the mazuri? All of the pictures you show always shows them eating it, along with what looks like banana, pineapple, strawberry...Just curious about what you feed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You mean night time gluttons :p :D There food always look so good. You do a good job with the food prep:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
How large of a part of their diet is the mazuri? All of the pictures you show always shows them eating it, along with what looks like banana, pineapple, strawberry...Just curious about what you feed.

Mazuri is given 2 times weekly maybe more and usually always mixed. For the most part, it's for the ease of luring all the torts to one area for some pictures. With my set up, built as natural as possible , they have free roam and once again this is an easy way to gather them quickly as they can smell the stuff a mile away. For the last 10 years and with most of my adults being together at least 7+ years , their food regime consists of a mass variety of fruits ( all types) , greens , natural grass mix ( one of their favo's) shrooms , grubs, pinkies , flowers ( many types) and sprouts. For myself I have been successful in raising hatchlings to adulthood with very good results with the mixed diet mentioned above.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
N2TORTS said:
RedfootsRule said:

Mazuri is given 2 times weekly maybe more and usually always mixed. For the most part, it's for the ease of luring all the torts to one area for some pictures. With my set up, built as natural as possible , they have free roam and once again this is an easy way to gather them quickly as they can smell the stuff a mile away. For the last 10 years and with most of my adults being together at least 7+ years , their food regime consists of a mass variety of fruits ( all types) , greens , natural grass mix ( one of their favo's) shrooms , grubs, pinkies , flowers ( many types) and sprouts. For myself I have been successful in raising hatchlings to adulthood with very good results with the mixed diet mentioned above.

Sounds very good. Just something I've always wondered; are your fruits pre-frozen? The strawberries always have that "gooey" look to them, and the bowls always look like they're filled with the juice in the cans with them. Just curious, because the fruits look like they're swimming in fruit juice :).

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
N2TORTS said:
RedfootsRule said:

Sounds very good. Just something I've always wondered; are your fruits pre-frozen? The strawberries always have that "gooey" look to them, and the bowls always look like they're filled with the juice in the cans with them. Just curious, because the fruits look like they're swimming in fruit juice :).

Sometimes both ……fresh and flash frozen ….. The excess water is from hosing them down before pics. I wouldn’t’ recommend a consistent diet of canned fruits as they are packed with too many sugars.

Status
Not open for further replies.