Canadians Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishshake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Calgary, Alberta
As you know its a little more difficult to get a tortoise in Canada.

If you would like to post please do so :). This is how you do it.

1. What part of Canada are you from

2. And what type of tortoise(s) do you have or want?

Example:

1. I am from Kamloops, British Columbia.

2. Hermann's Tortoise!

Thank-you, Eh?
-Carl

Orillion

5 Year Member
Hello!

Mr. Orillion and I live in London, Ontario.

We'd love to have a Greek tortoise, preferably, or if we can not find one, a Russian tortoise.
It's a pity that tortoises are so hard to come by here; furthermore, we'd rather rescue someone a little older who would "appreciate" (in as much as a tortoise can "appreciate") a second chance.

It's all about stewardship rather than ownership, in our humble opinion. We can enjoy the little one as long as we can, but then they need to find someone else to care for them after they're done with us. ^^

irishshake

5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta
Orillion said:
Hello!

Mr. Orillion and I live in London, Ontario.

We'd love to have a Greek tortoise, preferably, or if we can not find one, a Russian tortoise.
It's a pity that tortoises are so hard to come by here; furthermore, we'd rather rescue someone a little older who would "appreciate" (in as much as a tortoise can "appreciate") a second chance.

It's all about stewardship rather than ownership, in our humble opinion. We can enjoy the little one as long as we can, but then they need to find someone else to care for them after they're done with us. ^^

Personally I think the Reptile Expos are the best for finding one. Not mail order. Maybe think of Hermann's Tortoises; I have an Eastern now and hes very very personable. I don't know what they have in Ontario, but here on the west the is Western Canadian Reptile Expos (WCRE) held a few times a year in different cities. Also check Kijiji there seems to be breeders more so there than here.

Goodluck
Carl

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Hello everybody!
I'm Nathalie from Toronto. I know of 2 very good places to look in the city. One is All Reptiles, on Kennedy Ave in Scarborough where I got my Red Foot hatchling and the other is Tails & Scales on Dundas West where I got my 3 toe hatchling. Both places are staffed with knowledgable people who will patiently (I tested that) answer all your questions and won't pressure you to buy unnecessary add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.