Can a leopard tortoise get pyramiding once fully grown?

Arwyn

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol, uk
Can a leopard tortoise get pyramiding once fully grown? When my little boy Arwyn grows up I hope to create a warm 'bedroom' /large vivarium with the correct lighting and all the things he needs for him. Along with this I hope to allow him to have free roam of the house too and can come and go out of his 'room' and be with us both inside and out when we are home. I am worried that this might harm him, I'm also just really curious too about if the can get pyramiding once fully grown.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
No once a tortoise has stopped growing it can’t develop any pyramiding, however it will still benefit from humidity. It’s not okay to allow a tortoise to free roam your home though, there are plenty of cases where people have done this for years and sworn they kept a very close eye on them only for something tragic to happen. It only takes a second for a tortoise to get stepped on or eat something small of the floor. I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to allow a tortoise to wonder outside its enclosure, and many members on here will agree.

L

LasTortugasNinja

Loose in the house is a good way to lose a pet. As stated above, it only takes a second to accidentally step on his head or leg to require a $$$$ vet visit or for a door left open and he sneaks out - yes, torts can sneak!!! - and you lost a significant investment.

He's not a dog or cat. He gets no emotional benefit from being "a part of the family". In fact, he's far happier when he can just stick his head in a corner when not eating. Keep him secure in an enclosure at all times. I just looked in my local classifieds... In the past 6 days, there are 7... yes... 7 ads for lost torts that snuck out of a backyard or front yard under the noses of "responsible" owners.