Calcium supplement question. Answer please!

Hello, I own a 1 year old star tortoise.

For its calcium requirements I cant find calcium powder or cuttlebone for it. Do people use the flukers liquid calcium and vitamin for tortoises and is it effective? My tortoise is unhealthy and it needs a lot of calcium instantly. I live in India and I never knew its requirements. Out here you only get wild specimens not captive bred ones. So mine is likely to be unhealthy , and it has started to pyramid a little. If I can use it can I use it by directly applying it on the shell, or do I put it on the food ?

Please reply quick!!!!

Reptilelove

Location (City and/or State)
Plymouth
You put the caluim supplement on the food so they eat it, are you sure you cant find calci dust ot cuttlebone fish?

Yes, sadly I don't get it. Any ways it says that Fluker Liquid Calcium can be used for any reptile.
But I just wanted to know particular feed backs if you or someone does use it on tortoises and how.
Any way thanks!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I used it when I first got my tortoise. I sprayed it on his favorite food item so he would eat it. Twice a week. I like the powder much better but am sure the liquid is fine.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hi. Where do you live? You may be able to get calcium supplements from a vet.

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Thanks a lot lismar79.Id give my tortoise the proper amounts is the liquid calcium as effective as the calcium powder?

Jabuticaba
The fact is that I live in India where tortoises are very rarely kept as pets. And people don't keep any tortoises properly and 80% or so of them which are sold die in 6 months!!!Except for a few who know how to keep them. People who don't know how to feed them horrible things like( Lady Fingers, Apple!!, Mango, Bread!! and literally everray thing ) I saw my friends tort and it had pyramided a lot!! As I said that very few people keep them, vets wouldn't know anything