Burmese Star Tortoise (G. Platynota) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Anyone could share their Burmese stars pictures and how do you treat them? Elegans? anyone else?
I got them few months ago and would like to know more about them, whats the best food for them, what do they like, etc.

Here is the pict of them:
DSC02650.JPG

and this is my fav one:
DSC02476.JPG

I noticed they like to run, and they run really2 fast. They like to hide on the shade and sleep a lot as well. They dont really like greens, they do like fruits..maybe the previous owner feed them too much fruits?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Thanks for sharing! Torts seem to get "hooked" one foods they liked, as I'm sure you know. Do they eat the foods besides fruits well enough?

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Do they require a CITES permit?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
CITES paperwork is only for trade between countries and not for trade within a country. I'm not sure though what Hawaii demands when animals come into the islands.

Danny

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Bryan said:

Perhaps you mean a CBW permit? If so, the answer is no.

Burmese Star Tortoises are considered the most critically endangered TORTOISE, but I believe that Myanmar (Burma) doesn't participate in the endangered species program, which I think is the reason a CBW permit is not required.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
You don't need a CBW for them because they aren't listed on our Endangered Species list.

Danny

Bryan

10 Year Member!
egyptiandan said:
CITES paperwork is only for trade between countries and not for trade within a country. I'm not sure though what Hawaii demands when animals come into the islands.

Danny

gummybearpoop said:
Bryan said:

Perhaps you mean a CBW permit? If so, the answer is no.

Burmese Star Tortoises are considered the most critically endangered TORTOISE, but I believe that Myanmar (Burma) doesn't participate in the endangered species program, which I think is the reason a CBW permit is not required.

egyptiandan said:
You don't need a CBW for them because they aren't listed on our Endangered Species list.

Danny

Thanks a lot guys, I did mean a CBW but I didn't know the specifics of these permits, I just knew that Radiateds need a permit to travel between states.

Status
Not open for further replies.