Building on his carapace, over feeding?

Xavier

I don't know whether I'm feeding him too much or its just growing from when he came to me. I have no clue if it's a healthy growth or I should cut back. I feed him everyday with either collards, endive, kale, mustard greens and sometimes romaine, also, butternut squash, cacti, mazuri, and the occasional piece of mango. And I sprinkle calcium on his food every other day. Please criticize me on this I would love to nip it in the bud if I am feeding him too much. Some people say feed them every other day, other everyday. The Internet is a confusing place for information.

phebe121

Ok that would be good that way if anyone knows what it is they can tell you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Can't comment if we can't see it.

What species? Size?

I know of no species that should not be fed daily. You just need to feed the right things. Grocery store greens is not the "right" thing for most species. You need more weeds, leaves and high fiber foods.

Further, pyramiding is caused by growth in conditions that are too dry. Not food.

Xavier

Can't comment if we can't see it.

What species? Size?

I know of no species that should not be fed daily. You just need to feed the right things. Grocery store greens is not the "right" thing for most species. You need more weeds, leaves and high fiber foods.

Further, pyramiding is caused by growth in conditions that are too dry. Not food.
I will post another post with pictures. It isn't moisture tats the issue. He's a Leopard Tortoise in a hot/humid Chamber.