Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinB

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
Hi I'm younger (16) , and have a true love for all turtles and tortoises.....and later on in my life I'd really like to start breeding redfoots and Burmese mountain tortoises.what I'd like to know is what types of permits/licences would I need to pull that off? I understand there will be inspections and what not if I were to do this but that's fine.... Btw I live in Mississippi

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
No permits needed for those species and no inspections.

KevinB

5 Year Member
Mississippi
Really? So you can sell to anyone , and anyone can breed them?... Also what about the 4 inch law? Just abind by it and its legal?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep thats all you need to do. I breed both in texas no permit or regulations just have to sell for scientific or educational purposrs under 4"

EricIvins

5 Year Member
KevinB said:
Hi I'm younger (16) , and have a true love for all turtles and tortoises.....and later on in my life I'd really like to start breeding redfoots and Burmese mountain tortoises.what I'd like to know is what types of permits/licences would I need to pull that off? I understand there will be inspections and what not if I were to do this but that's fine.... Btw I live in Mississippi

What you are asking is dictated by State Law. Most States do require a License to sell any type of animal, so you would have to start from there......

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
EricIvins said:
What you are asking is dictated by State Law. Most States do require a License to sell any type of animal, so you would have to start from there......

I have not heard this before. Are you aware of some states that do require a permit to sell and animal? CA has no such requirement.

And KevinB, the 4" rule applies to businesses and who they can sell to. It does not apply to small time private hobbyists.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
I beleive 24 States require licenses for selling any type of animal commercially as of a few years ago.......I'm sure that has, and will change every year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.