brand new / no tort [yet!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

koreyleigh

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!!

I'm here to start gathering some pertinent information about tortoises from the hands-on users like yourselves. My name is Korey [I'm a lady :)] and I live in New York on Long Island. I currently have a Red Ear Slider named Hank, although now that he's past 1 year it looks like he might actually be a SHE! I absolutely adore turtles and tortoises of all kinds and am hoping to one day soon be an owner like yourselves. I lust for a red-foot, but would be more than happy with an Indian star or Hermann's. Figuring that out with your help!!

Thanks so much in advance for everything I'll gain here!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Korey:

45968p2rr3k6a46.gif

to the forum!!

We have another member who lives on Long Island. Her name is Terry-o and she has some box turtles, but most importantly, she has a young redfoot tortoise. I'm sure she can help you decide what to get. I hope she sees your post and contacts you.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Hi Korey, welcome. Sorry Yvonne...I live in Staten Island, but it is very close to Long Island, and I have family in LI too.
I have a Cherry Head Redfoot Korey, who is 2 years old now. He goes outside for the summer, and he's inside in the winter. Here in SI it is very humid all year especially in the summer, because we are so close to the water. We had a house in Long Island since I was a little girl, and always spent our summers there. My sister still spends the summer there as do all my cousins, and I know how humid it is. Outside in the summer, LI would be a perfect place for a Redfoot..IMO.

koreyleigh

5 Year Member
hey terryo -- you messages me once on the RES forum about Pio, encouraging me to go for it. My big issue though is space indoors during our winters. For now, my options are severely limited and depending on how quickly the redfoot grows, I might not be able to handle them inside. :\

but hopefully this will all be a giant learning experience on here!
thanks so much for being a resource!

Status
Not open for further replies.