Bing is a Pansy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
Well he is not really a pansy, he is a tough guy... but he does love a good pansy...bing pansy.jpg

Posted this in the enclosure sub-forum and porbably shouldn't cross post, but this is such a great picture of our leopard guy I had to post it here in the leopard lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
That is so funny. What a big guy you have there, and I'm not sure if he's interested in the pansies or looking thru your window. :D

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
Your right Candy, at the moment the picture was taken he was more interested i nthe fact that he could get up on the pansies an look out the window.

Terracolson, it is a window right where his enclosure is pushed up against the wall.

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-12616.html
Check out his enclosure in the other thread... originally built a couple of years ago, and updated today with cypress bark and more humidity based on info from this forum.

Candy said:
That is so funny. What a big guy you have there, and I'm not sure if he's interested in the pansies or looking thru your window. :D

8.75 x 6.625 and 4lbs 8 oz and 14 years old... when we got him he was smaller than half a hard boiled egg...

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
ahh.. i have seen that.... i just have to put all the names and pics together

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Bing has beautiful contrasting color patterns on his shell. :D

You demonstrate remarkable self-restraint by stopping at only one tortoise! ;)

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Bing has beautiful contrasting color patterns on his shell. :D

You demonstrate remarkable self-restraint by stopping at only one tortoise! ;)

Thanks, that is a great picture, he was just soaked and washed and the sun was shinging in on him... Bing at his best!

I can't really take credit for restraint... if you don't believe me, ask my dog, or cat, or macaw, or fish in the 11 aquariums and two outdoor ponds...

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
I don't have a pic with me right now (traveling on business)... but I should clarify... really they are just 100 gallon stock tanks (rubbermaid tank like you would water a horse or cows)... but I can grow water lillies and raise fish in them... so they are considered ponds... at lest by me...

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Hate to be critical, but you need to start dusting your windowsill a bit more.

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
It's OK to be critical, I'm here to learn... and you are right... what you can't see from this thread is that I came here to the forum to ask what I could do about all the dust that seems to be generated by Bing's habitat... and I found out good stuff about husbandry that I didn't know (since the prevailing thoughts have changed about humidity since I was last investigating tortoise stuff)... and it helped me upgrade the dude's habitat and make it less dusty... and I have dusted the window sill... but the dude did not wait for that, he just jumped in the pansies... and I changed from sanitation employee to photographer right away... and then later back to sanitation worker... so its all good now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure Shelly (John) was trying to be funny, and not critical.

Your leopard tortoise is a real beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.