Baby Sulcata

Brandy98

Location (City and/or State)
San Bernardino
Hello I Been Having My Baby Sulcata Tortoise Since September Last Year. He Was Fine And Really Active But Then I Notice Bout A Month Ago He Stopped Gettin Active And Started Eating Less Sleeping More And Not Really Opening His Eyes. I Have Him With A Bit Older Sulcata Like 9 Months And That One Doin Fine. Just My Baby One Shell Gettin Softer And Softer And Sadly I Dont Know What To Do.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First get him away from the other one! Tortoises should not be housed in pairs and specially not a baby with an older one
Next we need more info about, lighting used, heat used, humidity, all temps, how often you soak, substrate, etc.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello! Please follow the advice and answer the questions, to get the best possible help with your tortoise. Thanks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello I Been Having My Baby Sulcata Tortoise Since September Last Year. He Was Fine And Really Active But Then I Notice Bout A Month Ago He Stopped Gettin Active And Started Eating Less Sleeping More And Not Really Opening His Eyes. I Have Him With A Bit Older Sulcata Like 9 Months And That One Doin Fine. Just My Baby One Shell Gettin Softer And Softer And Sadly I Dont Know What To Do.
If you read these, you will probably find the answers to your questions:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, please split your tortoises up.
The larger sully is dominating the little one. You may not notice aggression but there are subtle actions that are stressing out the little sully.
Pics of the little guy would help. Also we can guide you to have the proper enclosure for him. Don't surf the web looking for what you might think are the right answers. This forum has everything you need. Plenty of members who have been doing this for years. Some of them have already given you great advice.
I to was starting my sully out wrong. I was listening to pet stores and videos on YouTube.
Everytime I googled a question about sullies. This forum was generally one of the first choices to pick on Google search.
I figured they must be doing something right. These members basically saved my sully and taught me how to care for Opo. So he has a great place to live and strive.
Sometimes the info can get overwhelming but hang in there. Once you have everything right it becomes easier.
Again pics of the little one can give us a idea of what might be suggested to possibly save your tort. Enclosure will be the first thing to work on.