Are these foods good for my Leopard Hatchling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccodan

5 Year Member
I live in Canada so Tortoise Seed mixes are not readily available so after phoning around I found this place that sells pasture seeds, I phoned them and she said that they have a mix that sounds very similar, I got a 5 pound bag for 14$ and just wanted to confirm that these seeds would make for a healthy diet for my hatchling.

- 20% Creeping Red Fescue
- 20% Orchard Grass
- 20% Timothy
- 17% Perennial RyeGrass
- 17% Kentucky Bluegrass (common)
- 6% Kentucky Bluegrass (Ginger)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you have a Babcocki leopard, it won't eat the grass willingly most likely. Try and find its favorite good thing too eat and mix the grasses in, so he will get accustomed to eating the grass.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Leopards tend to prefer broadleaf weeds and succulents to grass.

Yes. Those grasses are all fine to feed, but grasses are not the main thing you want to feed a leopard. If they will eat it, hey, that's great, but many of them don't want or like it much. There are exceptions to this...

miccodan

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Leopards tend to prefer broadleaf weeds and succulents to grass.

Yes. Those grasses are all fine to feed, but grasses are not the main thing you want to feed a leopard. If they will eat it, hey, that's great, but many of them don't want or like it much. There are exceptions to this...

Any suggestions has to where I could find seeds for the weeds or succulents, I live in Canada and it just does not seem practical to go out and look for weeds to pick as my yard is pretty weed free not to mention when the snow hits and weeds are no where to be found.

I am open to anything has I want to feed him a healthy diet that is varied and have an awesome set up in my basement to grow whatever I need year round, the only trouble is finding it.. Any help or suggestions appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The seed mix sounds pretty good actually, I would recommend putting it to use. Not sure what you can find in Canada or have shipped there, but I too would recommend some broad leaf type of seed mix to add variety if you can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.