Anyone know of box turtles for sale?

RumWeatherReptiles

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Does anyone know where i can find a female eastern box turtle? I would prefer a pair of females in truth. I am starting construction on a second outdoor enclosure to house my female three toe during the warm months. I would love for it to double as a year round enclosure for 1-2 female Easterns.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Does anyone know where i can find a female eastern box turtle? I would prefer a pair of females in truth. I am starting construction on a second outdoor enclosure to house my female three toe during the warm months. I would love for it to double as a year round enclosure for 1-2 female Easterns.

Sorry- no clue. It’s illegal to buy, sell or barter box turtles where I live (Louisiana). I CAN legally take them from the wild, however. [emoji33] Go figure-

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry- no clue. It’s illegal to buy, sell or barter box turtles where I live (Louisiana). I CAN legally take them from the wild, however. [emoji33] Go figure-
Really! Isn't that stupid. To be able to take from the wild, but not buy a CB. So many laws make no sense!

RumWeatherReptiles

5 Year Member
New Jersey

I know. The laws are pretty ridiculous. In Nj you can have keep them, sell to out of state, and buy from out of state. However no turtle can be sold within the state. This is why so many are collected from the wild. If people we allowed to breed and sell them (with proper permits and education) no one would mess with the wild populations. We don’t catch our dogs down at the local pond. (Yes i know that is a ridiculous comparison. )

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know. The laws are pretty ridiculous. In Nj you can have keep them, sell to out of state, and buy from out of state. However no turtle can be sold within the state. This is why so many are collected from the wild. If people we allowed to breed and sell them (with proper permits and education) no one would mess with the wild populations. We don’t catch our dogs down at the local pond. (Yes i know that is a ridiculous comparison. )
That is stupid too. Not your comparison lol but the law. Lack of common sense really can hurt!