Anyone from Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Well, I used to live there, and just wondering if there is anyone/ tortoise lover from Seattle?

please post here.
considering it rains a lot in Seattle...how do you keep the tortoise? I did not see any petshop has tortoise before.
thanks.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Hi I'm in Seattle. I have a russian tortoise, and keep him inside in a tort table. I do not have a yard right now, but I don't think I could keep him outside due to the cold damp weather most of the time (it would be a lot of work and he'd end up having to stay in a shed or something with heat anyways). It's hard enough keeping him warm inside the house since he likes it in the 80s and 90s. I gave him a lot of space, and it's working fine so far. We also let him run around the living room sometimes if he's supervised and it's warm enough. Planning to take him outside sometime, but it'll have to be about in the middle of summer here so the pavement can get some heat.

I could not find any breeders around here; I had him shipped from So. Cal. Petco and others sell russian torts but I did not want to go that route.

M

Maggie Cummings

I live in Corvallis Oregon...

Sunrise said:
Well, I used to live there, and just wondering if there is anyone/ tortoise lover from Seattle?

please post here.
considering it rains a lot in Seattle...how do you keep the tortoise? I did not see any petshop has tortoise before.
thanks.

pyxistort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am in Belleve WA. There are some private breeders in the area. You can check with Seattle Turtle & Tortoise Club.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Yes, as noted, there are breeders in the area. I've noticed more of the petstores carrying russians and other torts as well.

I used to live in Seattle, but currently live in Snohomish\Monroe. I keep my russian indoors, but may create a summer outdoor home for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.