Anybody ever use this?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Hello, my dog is having to wear one of those plastic cones on her head. My friend gave me this to try. Has anybody used it and if so how did it work? Should I stick with the plastic cone or this?ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437702606.909881.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have one and have used it several times. I love it and my dog likes it a lot better then the nasty cones. Use this one.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, I would put the part where it attaches to the back and try to keep it there, just move it around when or if it falls to the front. With it in the front, they can reach a few spots that they can't reach when it's in the back.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Oh, I would put the part where it attaches to the back and try to keep it there, just move it around when or if it falls to the front. With it in the front, they can reach a few spots that they can't reach when it's in the back.
Thanks. Do you think it would be secure enough for when I'm not home? For maybe for five hours at a time? I might use the plastic one when I'm not home and this one when I am. I can't keep a close enough ion her. The wind is on her back leg and groin area. She does look slightly less miserable then with the cone :)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437704056.579388.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's hard to say, I don't know your dog. If she is one to be very persistant on getting to it, then maybe. I have a Bull Terrier and they are very persistant, obnoxious and determined bull headed dogs and I never had a problem with it. But if you feel the better with the cone, then like you said, use that when your gone and the other when your home.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
She's not one to really fight things. I think I'll see how she does this evening when I'm busy and not really watching her.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Poor puppy. They always look so sad with those cones. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Poor puppy. They always look so sad with those cones. Hope she has a speedy recovery.
Thanks. Between Aspen getting hurt and my cat Mini dying it has been a really crummy week. Aspen seems to be doing better, the dog sitter accidentally left the cone off of her yesterday when she came to give her medication. Giving meds three times a day doesn't work so great when you work all day too.:) so of course Aspen looked in the area all over again but at least didn't tear it open. I just sprayed more medication on it and hoped it helped. She goes back to the vet tomorrow.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Thanks. Between Aspen getting hurt and my cat Mini dying it has been a really crummy week. Aspen seems to be doing better, the dog sitter accidentally left the cone off of her yesterday when she came to give her medication. Giving meds three times a day doesn't work so great when you work all day too.:) so of course Aspen looked in the area all over again but at least didn't tear it open. I just sprayed more medication on it and hoped it helped. She goes back to the vet tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about Mini. It is so hard to lose pets. Hope it gets better for you.

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Yep, my Paddy had one when he stood in his ceramic dish and stood on it - ouch! Poor thing. He was only a puppy!

Lesson learned: no more breakable dishes. Or anything. He's a Border Terrier; he shouldn't need coddling. Alas, I am his owner, and coddle him I do.