Ant problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxrayzer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My Stars (4-5 inches big) are living outside when it is not too hot in Texas. There are a few ants in their pen area. I am not sure if it is a threat to my stars since they are not big fire ants just small ants. I just want to ask for you guys' opinion on whether to buy the merchanise to kill the ants or just let them be.

well, I kind of got the answer by reading another post, I guess I will pour some hot water at the source and see what happens

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
It should be a threat, there skin is pretty thick, and the small ants wont try and kill it because its way to big.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Millerlite said:
It should be a threat, there skin is pretty thick, and the small ants wont try and kill it because its way to big.
Do you mean "It should NOT be a threat"?

desertsss

5 Year Member
Shouldn't be a threat, but what kind of ants? If anything would just be irritating to your stars.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
he said they are the smaller ants not the fire ants. I found ants leave tortoises alone and most the time they crwal on the outer priameter of the tortoise enclosure or on the wall. But i do find the random ant or two on my tortoise but, i figure in the wild they have ants, some species probably have worse ants then what we have..

If you really want to get rid of them you can try boiling water in the ant hole, that can kill them,

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
Borax powder IE similar to comet kills ants.
Cinnamon powder repels ants.

Status
Not open for further replies.