Another Texan tortoise owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatDamnSasquatch

5 Year Member
Hello all. Just purchased my first two tortoises (yearling cherry head redfoots) and built their enclosure after much research. Excited about my new adventure as a long term tort owner and wanted to join the community to utilize others knowledge and experience as well as be a resource to others.

Have plenty of questions I will be posting shortly to begin refining my new owner strategy.

Thanks and Gig'em.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Welcome and Howdy! (ATM Class of '90 here) Where in Texas are you located? :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ThatDamnSasquatch:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Ummm interesting user name, is there a story with it? Welcome to the forum.

ThatDamnSasquatch

5 Year Member
Lol. Just a fan of the movie Billy Madison... "who would eat thirty-seven sack lunches.."

"It was that damn Sasquatch!"

You can call me Kyle.

Aggie class of '05 here, just moved back to Texas last year after a 5 year stint in NY and PA for work. Thanks again all for the warm welcome!

Kyle

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Texas, such an ideal place for torts. See up here in NH, we only have a two month period appropriate for torts outside living.

ThatDamnSasquatch

5 Year Member
Nixxy said:
Texas, such an ideal place for torts. See up here in NH, we only have a two month period appropriate for torts outside living.

Yeah, but sometimes it gets too hot. Currently around 100 during the days and 78 at night. However mine get misted twice daily and have a home that is in the shade for the whole day other than from 9-10am, so they should weather the Texas summer well.

Justin B

5 Year Member
I just joined these forums and found this thread and wanted to say Howdy myself. Class of 06 here. I don't have a tortoise yet, only keep aquatic turtles at the moment but Im looking for one in the near future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Justin B said:
I just joined these forums and found this thread and wanted to say Howdy myself. Class of 06 here. I don't have a tortoise yet, only keep aquatic turtles at the moment but Im looking for one in the near future.

Hi Justin:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.