Another distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Well, in an amusing twist of irony, my husband fell in love with a couple of kittens living in his apartment complex in Miami. He sent me photos and asked if he could bring home the white one, who is deaf. Of course, catlover and sucker that I am, I decided Caspar shouldn't be parted from his brother, so both Stanley and Caspar have come to live with us.

They are a "10" on the Adorable scale--friendly, affectionate, curious, playful, relentless. Our other boys (4 of them) are gradually accepting them into the fold. I put belled collars on them so they cannot startle the elder statesmen as they frisk and frolic from dawn to dusk, with occasional naps taken on our necks or laps!

Here's the very essence of cute:
DSC00696.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Wonderful...I have been thinking of another kitten myself...they are so much fun...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So I was wondering Stephanie...how does a pilot bring home kittens? Does he keep them in the cockpit with him or do they travel with the luggage? :D :p I would think that they would get special privileges because of who's flying the plane (maybe First Class). ;) They are adorable. How did you or your husband know that the white one was deaf? They're definitely in good hands now. Did you say that you now have 6 cats? :( :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It's good to "see you" again Stephanie. I have no cat's because my son is allergic and has asthma so I am jealous. They are adorable.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh boy, you're on your way... crazy cat lady...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
The are very cute. I am not a cat person, but I love kittens.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
What lucky kittens! I am a cat lover (and sucker) too! I would've taken both kitties as well. They are very cute!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
LOL, I ended up with another cat myself, leaving me at the number "6" also.

Wonderful new additions, and I love the names!!!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thanks for all the kind words, guys (except Tom--Cat Lady, indeed! How many animals do you keep? ;) )

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awww they are adorable! Kittens are so much fun :)
Tabbies are my favorite.
Love their names!

TashaR

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Aww!! They are precious :) My cat is deaf too but you'd never guess. I taught her some signs for commands (come, get down, bedtime, treat).

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Candy said:
So I was wondering Stephanie...how does a pilot bring home kittens? Does he keep them in the cockpit with him or do they travel with the luggage? :D :p I would think that they would get special privileges because of who's flying the plane (maybe First Class). ;) They are adorable. How did you or your husband know that the white one was deaf? They're definitely in good hands now. Did you say that you now have 6 cats? :( :p

He was just a passenger with a cat carrier on that flight.:D

These guys had been rescued from a drainage ditch during a thunderstorm by a vet when they were less than a week old. She then hand-fed them and cuddled and domesticated them (they were likely feral), but she could not keep them. She had bonded with the little female, and was worried about Caspar becoming a barn cat with his lack of hearing, but Fred really liked his outgoing personality.

Today I turned on the vacuum and while all the other kitties disappeared, Caspar came right over and climbed onto it to feel the vibration, but was clearly oblivious to the noise. When I run the printer Stanley will wake up and go investigate; Caspar sleeps on soundly!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
That is so cute. It will be interesting to see what that little white one gets into in the future. I've never known anyone with a deaf cat. :) You will have to keep us updated on them. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
kyryah said:
LOL, I ended up with another cat myself, leaving me at the number "6" also.

Both of you need a few more. Six is never enough. :D

Stephanie Logan said:
. Of course, catlover and sucker that I am, I decided Caspar shouldn't be parted from his brother, so both Stanley and Caspar have come to live with us.

You have certainly done the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.