animal communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Sounds like a bargain at only $400!

Then again, I may decide just to rent one of these and save a little time and $$:
aceventura_front.jpg

51CGHJ9Q3TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:p

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
After having pets for many years you do think of them as people. Like they think like a person and have thoughts, they just cant say anything. Everyone does it. But its not true. So many times my mother will see my little turtles swim up to her and say, "Aw theyre hungry why dont you feed them." She would probably feed them until they explode thinking that they want food. All that is going through that turtles pin prick of a mind is repition. It has learned that a human = food and food = good. Not there is my human, I love them! Turtles run on repetition. Wake up, then heat up, then eat, then bask again, sleep. This goes on for 50 to 100 years. They learn repeating factors. The same way a fish does. This does not equal intelligence. Therefore it is impossible to talk to a turtle. I could walk into a turtle owners house and see something they might be doing wrong or tell them to give different food etc. All i would have to say is that the turtle told me to tell you that. A few days later it would seem as if it was working. A turtle will quickly respond to a positive change to its redundant life.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
"This does not equal intelligence."
ryanseiler, my penelope begs to differ. She told me to tell you that.
;-)

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
There is an exception to all of the torts on this site. Isaac told me to tell you that.

S

stells

Don't do it... if they can "talk" imagine the stories they could tell about family life... things they have seen you do... hmmm

chadk

10 Year Member!
Good point Kelly. Or what if what they had to say is really your worst nightmare?

"Please, if you really care about me, just let me go! I feel so trapped. I hate the food and the baths you give me. You scare me everytime you come around. Oh, and please consider using a breath mint!!"

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
We are actually getting several issues involved in this thread, and that complicates things.

Souls, animals or human- are almost by definition a matter of faith, and by that I mean something whose existence cannot be proven or disproven with what we know now, sort of like the existence of a higher being or force (by the way, I am a Christian (actually an ordained minister, but not working as one). We can discuss it forever without either having a resolution or changing each other's minds. Not saying the debate is not worth it, but thousands of forums already discuss this this.

Psychics, pet or human, CAN be tested for accuracy, and have been. Now, some of the testers have, frankly, been idiots- even scientists can be tricked. Most of the positive stuff written about psychics was done based on poorly designed tests, or by believers who just discarded bad results.

People say 'the psychic knew stuff only the deceased would know'- I am often curious how you can prove this. In the OP, it was said that the dog identified its killer- one has to wonder how the dog would know the human's name or how to describe him well enough for the authorities.

There are a lot of books that explain how psychics work. You can buy books on how to do it from any big magic shop. There are a lot of books and studies that examine psychic claims and show how rarely they have a real 'hit'. There are books that explain how you can believe a psychic is 'real' even if hey are only 10% right (and few are that accurate).

Stories about 'amazing accuracy' or hits are not proof. Random mumbles that vaguely correspond to reality are not proof. I'm not going to rant about this much more because it is also well documented that believers believe no matter what evidence to the contrary you show (and vice versa).

Finally, there is a sub-topic about grief going on. You want closure, and are hoping the psychic can provide that. The studies are iffy about this- suggesting it can prolong the grief or offer some form of false hope. In my mind, however, if it helps you and you can afford it, go for it. would hope you can move on without that sort of help (since it is so questionable in my mind).

My thoughts are with you in this, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.