AMAZING Leopards...video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Everything I found is in a different language, I'm not sure but it looks like this guy is a hobbyist. Not sure if the torts in this video are his or not.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The videos and pictures have been around for awhile. I believe the guy in the video is from Spain, he imported a large group there and I believe most or all of them died. The leopards are from Somolia I believe.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Neal said:
The videos and pictures have been around for awhile. I believe the guy in the video is from Spain, he imported a large group there and I believe most or all of them died. The leopards are from Somolia I believe.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Neal is right. These were imported to Spain on 7/27/07. 139 adults from Somalia. He kept 80 females and 20 males for himself, and sold the other 39. The only ones I have been able to track down are in Germany.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
yagyujubei said:
Neal is right. These were imported to Spain on 7/27/07. 139 adults from Somalia. He kept 80 females and 20 males for himself, and sold the other 39. The only ones I have been able to track down are in Germany.

Did you hear anything about them dying? I can't remember where I heard that from...maybe it was a group imported somewhere else.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Neal said:
he imported a large group there and I believe most or all of them died.

Well, that just makes me sick!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Yes, I heard that most have died. There is a german breeder who has a small amount of hatchlings every year, but I can't find the rest. I think that there are a couple in the UK. There is a farm in Somalia offering several sizes as large as 70cm.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
That's a shame, such pretty tortoises to have been lost. Thanks for giving some background on the video.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
I cant imagine....why would you spend all that time, money, and effort to import those torts just to let them die.....he must have had a plan to breed on a major scale with so many imports...... I just dont comprehend this..................disgusting.....awsome video, but disturbing to hear the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.