Aldabra has brownish skin near eyes & nose

pinknewbie

Location (City and/or State)
malaysia
IMG_0937.jpegjust got my aldabra tortoise, when i picked up the seller say the brownish on head is dirt. tried to brush off with tooth brush but the next day still there. should I be worried?

pinknewbie

malaysia
No, some do have brown on them. Not sure where you got it, but they don't seem very knowledgeable about them
It should fade to black.
its from M’sia pet store, thats why i rather ask around here to double confirm their saying.

pinknewbie

malaysia
No, some do have brown on them. Not sure where you got it, but they don't seem very knowledgeable about them
It should fade to black.
thank you so much for your prompt reply. Im a newbie, so get worried easily😬

pinknewbie

malaysia
On a side note, when I first see him few weeks ago, the head part doesn’t have brownish skin.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Look on other threads in the

Madagascan tortoises section and click on a link and look thru the pics. You will see that a lot of them have brownish on them.​

It's not to worry about.
I also don't know why some of my typing came out bold. Sorry about that.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to the forum! More pictures please? 😁

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I am too colorblind to see any differences in color. The areas you mentioned look a bit different but I don't see anything I would be worried about.
Do you visit the store often? i wonder if they would tell you if it was an import or if they are being bred in Malaysia now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you look, the same brownish is on legs. Many, if not all, go thru this. Some might have more than others.
Most if not all are hatched brown. All the pics we have of hatchlings from Aldabraman I believe are no longer available. Otherwise you would be able to see all the different color stages.

pinknewbie

malaysia
I am too colorblind to see any differences in color. The areas you mentioned look a bit different but I don't see anything I would be worried about.
Do you visit the store often? i wonder if they would tell you if it was an import or if they are being bred in Malaysia now.
should i have asked when i got the aldabra! maybe in my next visit i’ll ask