Age a yellow tortoise

Poke

I just adopted a Yellow Foot tortoise. How do I found it age and sex?

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Age is really hard to determine the best you can hope for is a ball park range. With sex it is normally determined by the tail ie its size and length

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Because you've adopted this tortoise and not found it, you are probably correct in your I.D. of the species, but I'd still like to see pictures of it. Quite a few folks find or adopt or buy off craigslist turtles/tortoises with yellow spots on the legs and think they have a yellowfoot tortoise, but in reality, it is a box turtle.

So, pictures please! And if you show us the underside (Plastron) including the tail, we may be able to tell you the sex too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum.

As was mentioned, pictures would help so as to inform you whether your tort is a male of female.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Congrats on the new tort ! Would love to see pics !

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Because you've adopted this tortoise and not found it, you are probably correct in your I.D. of the species, but I'd still like to see pictures of it. Quite a few folks find or adopt or buy off craigslist turtles/tortoises with yellow spots on the legs and think they have a yellowfoot tortoise, but in reality, it is a box turtle.

So, pictures please! And if you show us the underside (Plastron) including the tail, we may be able to tell you the sex too.
Some Yellow foot are also Redfoot without the red color.