A little visit to the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
1114111326-00-1.jpg

Anaia went to the vet yesterday, which she did NOT appreciate. Due to improper nutrition her shell has improper growth (which is what my suspicion was). *Note: the white around the scutes.* Probably because of the care provided to her as a hatchling. The previous owner told me they got her from PetSmart. I wont go into how I feel about these businesses. That's for another day. But, otherwise she is super healthy. I think she's beautiful, in her own way. In a couple years, after having proper nutrition the shell should correct itself.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Thanks Momo. I love both my RT's. I was very excited to get the opportunity to adopt this girl. "Little" is silly, she's actually quite large. Much bigger than my male!

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Its abnormal growth. Because of lack of calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D3. If you look at the vertebral scutes, there is more growth on one side compared to the other.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Grigor.Love. said:
Its abnormal growth. Because of lack of calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin D3. If you look at the vertebral scutes, there is more growth on one side compared to the other.

Well at least she is in good hands now-she is very pretty. Congrats on getting this lucky girl!!

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Tortoise said:
Grigor.Love. said:

Well at least she is in good hands now-she is very pretty. Congrats on getting this lucky girl!!

Thanks, she is a pretty girl. It's just a shame that her beauty is a result of being improperly fed. Ah well, I'll take good care of her now :)

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Grigor.Love. said:
Tortoise said:
Grigor.Love. said:

Thanks, she is a pretty girl. It's just a shame that her beauty is a result of being improperly fed. Ah well, I'll take good care of her now :)

Yes I agree, she must have had a least some humidity as a youngster as she is appearing to be very smooth?

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Tortoise said:
Grigor.Love. said:
Tortoise said:
Grigor.Love. said:

Yes I agree, she must have had a least some humidity as a youngster as she is appearing to be very smooth?

She is pretty smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.