Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Alice enjoying some strawberries

0225121628a.jpg

0225121628b.jpg

She wasn't too happy about me snapping photos..

0225121627b.jpg

After eating, she dug in for some sleep..

0225121847.jpg

This is millie our smallest box turtle, she also didn't want her picture taken so she made a mad dash to cover herself up.

0217121520.jpg

0223121449.jpg

0223121455.jpg

Now no one jump on me about this last one... I know Vegas's sleep schedule pretty good and since it was early and I knew he wouldn't be out for a while, I decided to let the redfoots out to roam a bigger area. So I went inside to get them some food and when I came back out I could not locate the female. After searching for a while I looked insided Vegas's house and there she was. This was all in a span of 5 minutes, so I snapped a quick photo then got her out.

0223121134a.jpg

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Your little three toeds are growing like crazy. How much does the biggest weigh? I see that your list at the bottom keeps getting bigger, but no leopards yet? Looks like you will be pen building this year.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
whoever said turts/torts we slow, never owned any!..they are quick

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
yagyujubei said:
Your little three toeds are growing like crazy. How much does the biggest weigh? I see that your list at the bottom keeps getting bigger, but no leopards yet? Looks like you will be pen building this year.

The biggest on is 67 grams now, and the smallest on is just 24 grams. Crazy that they were all 7 grams when I got them and now there is such a size difference.

I have considered a leopard but if I get one it will be when I have a bigger place, unless a rescue pops up. Can't say no to free...:p

jojodesca said:
whoever said turts/torts we slow, never owned any!..they are quick

They move very quick, especially when they are looking for a place to hide...

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I have 11 hatchlings from last year. My biggest is 65g, and I have two that are 13-14g. All are seemingly healthy, but the two little ones spend most of their time in hiding, not eating. When I get new ones this year, I will probably put the two little ones in with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.