8 month old redfoots

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
hello everyone.
I know how we all like to look at photos, so took some of my 8 month old reds this morning, Victor, Peaches and littlefoot. I notice littlefoot is getting quite a high domed carapace, He/she is the one with an extra scute, she's not growing anywhere near as fast as other 2, hope he/she is ok. Bit worried, can this be normal to have different growth rates within same batch.
Thanks
Craig

photo 1 (1).JPG photo 1 (2).JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2 (1).JPG photo 2 (2).JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3 (1).JPG photo 3 (2).JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4 (1).JPG photo 4 (2).JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5 (1).JPG photo 5 (2).JPG photo 5.JPG

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Each tort grows at its own rate but it could also be a sign of bulling and that she's being out competed for food. Do you feed them all together and does she seem to eat a lot?

Maybe you could feed her separate from the others for a while to make sure she's getting her fair share.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi

I do feed them together. She does seem to get her fair share. I'll keep an eye on her and feed her alone for a while. Thanks

Turtlepete

South Florida
Varying growth rates within even the same clutch are normal. No two tortoises are the same and won't always grow at the same rate. All 3 of them look great.

ksanchez

5 Year Member
Ca
@Anyfoot all three are adorable. I also agree that from what I've learned they grow at their own rate, just like other turtles and tortoises and human babies :).