2nd case of beak rot

enchilada

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
Please refer to my previous post

www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beak-rot-need-help.156726/

Today I noticed same symptoms on a different DBT .
I sperated all of them couple days ago so this shouldn't be from fighting.
Notice the hole/missing piece on bottom jaw
IMG_5148.JPG IMG_5153.PNG IMG_5151.JPG
And I found more :
Notice this brown spot , it looks like those brown spots on rotten apple
IMG_5154.PNG IMG_5150.JPG

Looks like something starts from inside of mouth and rotting it's way out

--------
This one also has no problem eating , super active .

Please help, because I don't think this is simply from fighting or bitting on hard things

Thank you

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Okay, so I did hear back. He was in agreement that the two issues with the beak are injuries, either caused by another turtle, or, more likely, biting something hard.

The spot on the chin is likely fungal, perhaps with a bacterial component. If she had stomatitis she probably would have gone off feeding. We both think you should start by dry docking her and adding salt to the aquarium.

If you want to treat with something easily purchased, go with 2% micronazole. It will be much better than the API stuff and can be purchased over the counter. It is most often used for human female yeast infections and can be found in the famine product aisle.

And happy birthday!

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Okay, so I did hear back. He was in agreement that the two issues with the beak are injuries, either caused by another turtle, or, more likely, biting something hard.

The spot on the chin is likely fungal, perhaps with a bacterial component. If she had stomatitis she probably would have gone off feeding. We both think you should start by dry docking her and adding salt to the aquarium.

If you want to treat with something easily purchased, go with 2% micronazole. It will be much better than the API stuff and can be purchased over the counter. It is most often used for human female yeast infections and can be found in the famine product aisle.

And happy birthday!
thank you so much for the help and birthday wishes (*^__^*)

---------
i feed them Mazuri aquatic turtle food , which does look a lot harder than other turtle food .