Status
Not open for further replies.

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
I've been plugging away at Echo's outdoor enclosure pictured here:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-79823.html
And plugging away on a goat playground within the same pasture so it's been a great time *sarcasm*
We have inherited an 18 pound sulcata, this is a big change compared to our little Echo. During the day she roams the pasture, I soak her in a warm bath at night and usually house her inside the garage overnight (feed her a big meal and some mazuri) and return her back to the pasture in the morning where she continues to graze and inspect whatever I'm up to. My question is, is she large enough to stay out overnight or should we keep bringing her in? Last night she stayed overnight in the barn but the temp dropped to 70 and her eyes are runny today. I'm anxious about caring for one of her size and need your help! I'd like to build her an insulated and heated shed asap yet have no idea where to get go to get started on that, the weather is slowly changing a bit and I'm worried about not having something adequate ready for her in time. We're in Fl, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Another example of an "insulated " Sullie House.....

JD~:shy:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here's my sulcata house.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tom said:
You build some great stuff JD.

Wow Tom .. Thank you…..:)

As you know I admire your talents and knowledge as well!

And for the OP …..here is the Redfoot Hut , which is a morph type structure as I started with a pre made 7’x12’ Rubbermaid dual wall shed , but ripped out the stock double doors and framed in a French 1-Lite glass door. Even though the shed itself is “ dual walled “ there really is no R value retained. So when completed with the ruff frame and door install , I insulated the entire shed ….ceiling and all with 4x8 foam /foil back panels. Last winter was a bit chilly for my area and the hut stayed nice and toasty without having to use several fixtures.

This particular hut has a tier system with a hide down below and a tort table up top for the Jr.’s . Built in mist system as well ...and if you look close here was a test run.

And of course my helper…….

JD~:shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.