ZOO MED EXCAVATOR :) This Stuff is Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Pretty cool. Probably expensive though, Could you imagine getting enough for a sulcata if you didnt have good dirt for them to burrow. "uhhhh yes Id like to order a 6 yard truck of this please" ha. I prefer to use real soil. But i know a thing or too about dirt so it helps. Good mud usually does the trick, but that stuff is pretty cool looking.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am on my iPad. Some videos don't work good for me. Does it say anything about being safe to get wet, after it is dry? I will be getting it for my Uro, but would love to use it for some landscaping outside for my Leo.
Looks like a good product. Thanks for sharing.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
wellington said:
I am on my iPad. Some videos don't work good for me. Does it say anything about being safe to get wet, after it is dry? I will be getting it for my Uro, but would love to use it for some landscaping outside for my Leo.
Looks like a good product. Thanks for sharing.

It says if you soak it again it'll slowly turn back to a soft clay so you can remold it....so in my guessing outside would be a bad idea. But for you Uro it's perfect...and it's not expensive. you can buy 25lbs for $16 bucks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks. My Uro is going to be getting a really cool new home.:D I did finally get to see the video on their website. So I at least know,how to use it.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I was thinking making most of the area covered by it especially hide outs and all....and then somehow in the middle put sea sand in the middle and thats where ill put the food and water bowl

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
Oh god, i could NOT imagine cleaning that entire enclosure... honestly not something i would want to do with a larger collection.

Say, for my snakes. Those Zoo type setups look super sweet, but for everyday keeping are totally impractical, IMHO

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Yeah,but to make it permanent you could go over all the surfaces with a clear coat of epoxy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
AustinASU said:
Yeah,but to make it permanent you could go over all the surfaces with a clear coat of epoxy.

That's a great idea. Do you think it will hold up through the process. Would you think a spray epoxy or brush on?

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
wellington said:
AustinASU said:

That's a great idea. Do you think it will hold up through the process. Would you think a spray epoxy or brush on?

yeah I'm pretty sure it will, it'll be tricky, but manageable!!! I may take a blow torch to it first to make sure theirs no moisture left on the surface.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Let us know as soon as you know if it's working or not. You will probably get to it before me, unless I can find it in the stores tomorrow. I am so excited about the stuff.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I haven't seen it in stores yet, but i hope to have this enclosure done in this following month if i can get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.