Zilla Land Turtle & Tortoise Food???

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterandlois

5 Year Member
Hi!
We tried the Zilla Land Turtle & Tortoise Food pellets, and our torts love them. Thing is, the female now will ONLY eat this... she barely eats anything else. Anyone else have experience with this food, and any suggestions on what we can do to make her eat her vegetables again? (gawd I sound just like a MOM!)... lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Since you're thinking you are sounding like MOM, you must be Alicia and not Phil...so Hi, Alicia:

They can only eat what you give them. I like to use the manufactured tortoise foods more as a supplement or treat than as a staple. Put out a big pile of greens then put some of the moistened Zilla food on top. Hopefully he'll get interested in chowing down and not realize he's actually eating his greens.

peterandlois

5 Year Member
Yeah... it's Alicia. Thanks for the info! The male eats everything in sight... she is just so picky!

M

Maggie Cummings

Remember, she can only eat what you feed her. I's stop with that supplement as it's really not necessary. Just use powdered calcium and that's good enough. As long as YOU feed a variety of foods that all add the necessary vitamins and minerals.

Status
Not open for further replies.