Zeus new room

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Casselberry
Zeus's new indoor house :) and charlie gets his old one :D man I love my lil guys

Attachments

• 1376673099341.jpg
    1376673099341.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 123

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Cool!! I'm building one this weekend for one of my little guys. This is an awesome model! Tks for sharing!

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Good to know, thanks! Are you going to line it? If so, what are you using?

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I picked up some heavy duty plastic tarp from Lowes for 2.16
I'll make sure to post pics when I'm done

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
ICUSleeping said:
I picked up some heavy duty plastic tarp from Lowes for 2.16
I'll make sure to post pics when I'm done

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Its funny every time I would put more dirt in there he would climb to the top and lay in it , it was cute but I can tell he's happy. I still have some more work to do and buying a proper heating pad for under there but for right now its good :sleepy:

The one to the left is now Charlie's new home ...they are mostly outside all day so this is just their room at night ...its in a garage it stays really hot and humid all day/night so I never really have to worry about temps ...yet...and they both have heat spots under their houses which they normally sleep on

Attachments

• 1376717177401.jpg
    1376717177401.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 1376717191578.jpg
    1376717191578.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 1376717490361.jpg
    1376717490361.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 52

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Very cool! Looking good and Zeus does look happy. :) (Sorry, I suck at species ID...what is Zeus?) My male Hermanni is a little smaller than Zeus, so I think that size enclosure will do fine for him. My partner just reminded me that we have half a roll of heavy-duty poly/vapour barrier, in the basement. (YAY for upcycling!!!).

Thanks for posting progress pictures!! Keep up the good work! :)

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Sulcata :) I give Zeus maybe a year in that before he out grows and it becomes Charlie's ...Zeus is 1yr 6mnts about 8in long ...I believe for your tort this will be the perfect size I'll get the measurements from my husband , you could even put in a second story on one half its pretty deep

2ft by 4ft

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
ICUSleeping said:
Sulcata :) I give Zeus maybe a year in that before he out grows and it becomes Charlie's ...Zeus is 1yr 6mnts about 8in long ...I believe for your tort this will be the perfect size I'll get the measurements from my husband , you could even put in a second story on one half its pretty deep

2ft by 4ft

Wow! They grow fast!! Thanks for the measurements! I'm planing on adding a 2nd storey to the female's enclosure, as it's only 4'x4'. Unfortunately, I haven't got a lot of room and we're buried under at least 3' of snow 5-6 months of the year, so they get limited outdoor time, here. When we finish renovating the basement, I plan to have 2, 3'x6', multilevel enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.