Yucatan box turtle ! Pics!!

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
A guy posted this pics on Facebook and this is his Yucatan box turtle , such a beautiful specimen. His name is on the pic just so that I can give credit to him , i didn't asked him for permission because I don't remember where it was posted lol but I'm giving him credit and that's all that counts right !!! Hahah ;DImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1405391809.312891.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1405391821.666117.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1405391830.628597.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow, that's a pretty box turtle... are they normally white like that?

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
I believe males are but I'm not sure they are very new to me

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Lol I would too ! In a heartbeat hahaha does anyone know how many of them are in the U.S. ??
A few zoos are. Along with Coahuila and Mexican boxies. I've asked about getting surplus offspring and never heard back. I may just get A CITES permit and go pick some up. They have them in markets down there unfortunately. The Mexican boxies range use to go into the US in the Brownsville area. Not sure if anyone finds any down there. Maybe this summer I should try and find out.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
A few zoos are. Along with Coahuila and Mexican boxies. I've asked about getting surplus offspring and never heard back. I may just get A CITES permit and go pick some up. They have them in markets down there unfortunately. The Mexican boxies range use to go into the US in the Brownsville area. Not sure if anyone finds any down there. Maybe this summer I should try and find out.
Wooow are you serious! :eek: I'm going to Mexico in a about 3 months i would love to know what I need to bring one to the U.S. I would live to get one , or a couple lol

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Wooow are you serious! :eek: I'm going to Mexico in a about 3 months i would love to know what I need to bring one to the U.S. I would live to get one , or a couple lol
Do you think you can inform me and guide me to at least try to get one I'll be in the state of Jalisco for about a month

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
You need to know a biologist in Mexico to get clear CITES paperwork from them. Mexico does not care very much about this sort of thing. So it's very tough and very political to obtain from them. But I know a few people down there.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
I have a guy who can get them for me , all I need is the paperwork and that's the hard part ! I don't want to do anything illegally lol I dont want to end up in jail for trying to sneak a turtle into the country hahah

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Let me see how many pinky toe I have.............

Can believe how pretty he is.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have a guy who can get them for me , all I need is the paperwork and that's the hard part ! I don't want to do anything illegally lol I dont want to end up in jail for trying to sneak a turtle into the country hahah
Was going to say if this is so, I could probably work on getting paperwork too. But keep in mind it is very very very very difficult. Mexico does issue CITES but it's very political. If you could find a good source I'd be very interested in setting up an assurance colony of these guys.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Was going to say if this is so, I could probably work on getting paperwork too. But keep in mind it is very very very very difficult. Mexico does issue CITES but it's very political. If you could find a good source I'd be very interested in setting up an assurance colony of these guys.
I'm going to go to Mexico in a couple months and I'll see if this guy is being serious about the turtles ,so far I think he is but I'll not be sure until I see the turtles myself if he is I'll will definitely help you to get some .