Yoshi's new closed chamber/tortoise table

Subersibo

10 Year Member!

Yoshi, my leopard tort is now going on 8 mos so I thought it would be the perfect time to finish this project and move him out of the smaller closed chamber/terrarium he was in. This new one is a little over 6 ft in length and 30" wide and high.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
very nice but i'm not 100% sure if the tube you have on the top can penetrate plexi. i'm currently finishing up my closed quarters and can't wait to get it finished does your's hold a steady humidity?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
I think the white thing you're referring to on top is just the light thru the curtains.
Humidity is from 65-90. Still working to keep it consistent. I used clear glass for the back an top, 3sheets of plexiglass for the front held by magnets.
very nice but i'm not 100% sure if the tube you have on the top can penetrate plexi. i'm currently finishing up my closed quarters and can't wait to get it finished does your's hold a steady humidity?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I think the white thing you're referring to on top is just the light thru the curtains.
Humidity is from 65-90. Still working to keep it consistent. I used clear glass for the back an top, 3sheets of plexiglass for the front held by magnets.

so that isn't a fluorescent tube sitting all the way at the left? it deffinately looks like a light strip of some kind

mikeh

5 Year Member
so that isn't a fluorescent tube sitting all the way at the left? it deffinately looks like a light strip of some kind

Nice looking space. If that florescant light is the only UVB source:
1) the plexiglass blocks UVB
2) its not nearly enough coverage
3) its too high to be effective.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Ah ok i get it,stupid me lol. Yup, that is a fluorescent. I have a powersun 100 inside and a basking lamp and che. The fluorescent is just to brighten things up on the other side.

Last edited:

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
very nicely done ;) it's 30" high? do you have any problems with the lights being to hot or anything at that height?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
very nicely done ;) it's 30" high? do you have any problems with the lights being to hot or anything at that height?
So far so good. The warm side is mid-80's to 90. Basking at 100 and the cool side stays at the low 80's. I have the mvb and basking bulb on a timer and the che on a thermostat. Hopefully ill get the humidity at 80 or higher consistently. I have about 6 water dishes around the enclosure.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nicely done. And I think you got all the improvements nailed down. This enclosure provided some ideas for me, so I say thank you.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Nicely done. And I think you got all the improvements nailed down. This enclosure provided some ideas for me, so I say thank you.
You're welcome! Glad you like it. I got a lot of ideas from various enclosures here. Ill put some more plants in there soon.