Wreaking Havoc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

green man

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
The other day I came upon a scene of pure chaos...

image-268704713.png

After a long and thorough search, I uncovered the truth.

image-1100973128.png

I don't know why this posted twice... I am embarrassed.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Just too cute!! Tortoises always like to make a mess in their water bowl. :p

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
He/she looks like she is tryin to feign innocence.. " why are you looking at me dad? It wasn't me!" haha too cute!

green man

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
It is a He. But he is concerning me with this. Because he keeps tipping all the water in the saucer so it spills into the substrate underneath it, and then he burrows into the wet substrate.
Can this be bad for him? I've read that the little ones can get respiratory infections rather easily from too much moisture.
I keep the humidity in the tank at about 30-40 during the day, and I mist it once or twice a day, in addition to his daily soaks.

Should I be worried?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
No that quite alright what he is doing. If the substrate is wet and cold that can aid to a RI. If the substrate is wet that doesnt neccesarily mean it will cause a RI. As long your substrate that is getting wet is very cold and stays over night with him buried in it you should just fine. It takes a good length of time, many weeks sometimes longer for a RI to develope. Usally its too much spike in temperatures over a period of time. With that being said just make sure your temps are always good and done flucuate wayy to much from night to day.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Mine for some reason really likes burrowing under her water dish. And I have the same water dish as your's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.