Worst species?

margykid

Sorry to all those owners but I don't like the box turtle or tortoise.
I find them abit creepy.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
I HATE RES.
they are notorious invasive species everywhere. they cute when little, but big and ugly when grow up.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Yes, I've always found box turtles annoying, but my only experience comes from my cousin's pair of three toed box turtles that I've babysat for him whenever he goes out of town. He keeps them in a twenty by twenty run with a big pile of leaf litter, a bunch stick piles, and burlap sacks that he moistens and stocks the loose soil beneath it with earthworms. Anytime I needed to offer supplementary food (i.e. fruit, greens or pink mice or whatever was on the feeding schedule), I would invariably have to go digging through the leaf litter to find them. They never came out from hiding, unless it was raining. I asked him if this was normal when I first started going to his house to babysit them, and he said that it was. Maybe some folks keep them differently or have different results, behaviorally speaking, but to me, this was just incredibly boring, like keeping a ball python or something.

T.G.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
I HATE RES.
they are notorious invasive species everywhere. they cute when little, but big and ugly when grow up.
The fact that they're an invasive species is not their fault. Humans are the cause of non-local species invasions, both animal and vegetable. As for their looks, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry to all those owners but I don't like the box turtle or tortoise.
I find them abit creepy.
But you are getting a tortoise...

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I feel like climate plays a role. If your somewhere Humid it maybe harder to care for a tortoise with drier requirements, and if your in a dry area maybe harder to keep humid species. Idk what species is hardest. I do know reptile wise my chameleons requires a lot of work lol

Kyle

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
...I wonder what Native Americans have to say about "invasive species?":p
I'm so tired of people saying stuff like this. come on white people, since when you all become so self-blame?
i admit its true that white people did a lot bad things in the past. but other races has done far more worse things (Mongols ,huns, jihad, communists in asian counties.... etc)
At least white people admit what they did wrong and stopped long ago. unlike others.
I am Asian, and i always found im the only person stand up for white people when it comes to revers-racism against white people on social media.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I'm so tired of people saying stuff like this. come on white people, since when you all become so self-blame?
i admit its true that white people did a lot bad things in the past. but other races has done far more worse things (Mongols ,huns, jihad, communists in asian counties.... etc)
At least white people admit what they did wrong and stopped long ago. unlike others.
I am Asian, and i always found im the only person stand up for white people when it comes to revers-racism against white people on social media.
Reverse-racism?
Seriously, this post is ridiculous. Every race has made some mistakes, but to link invasive species wiping out the local population to communism is just... well, I'll leave that to others to finish the sentence. Do we-I am British, white, but have a bit of Polish/German/Austrian background- all admit mistakes? No, sadly I still know of (and see) mild racism in most places. Have we stopped making mistakes? No, of course not. Obviously this all comes down to personal opinions, but one instance would be the death penalty, and another would be how we've messed up our with-drawl of forces from parts of the Middle East. We are also the main consumers for the natural environment to wipe out, mainly due to the economic state of the US, Europe, Canada, Australia etc. where the majority of people are white-but of course, not everyone in these countries is white- which is causing the extinction of so many species.

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Reverse-racism?
Seriously, this post is ridiculous. Every race has made some mistakes, but to link invasive species wiping out the local population to communism is just... well, I'll leave that to others to finish the sentence. Do we-I am British, white, but have a bit of Polish/German/Austrian background- all admit mistakes? No, sadly I still know of (and see) mild racism in most places. Have we stopped making mistakes? No, of course not. Obviously this all comes down to personal opinions, but one instance would be the death penalty, and another would be how we've messed up our with-drawl of forces from parts of the Middle East. We are also the main consumers for the natural environment to wipe out, mainly due to the economic state of the US, Europe, Canada, Australia etc. where the majority of people are white-but of course, not everyone in these countries is white- which is causing the extinction of so many species.
well looks like i did hijacked this topic too far....maybe we should back to discuss turtles and tortoise

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
Indeed. How did the historic blunders and universal aspect of viciousness of an insane species of apes come to eclipse a discussion of chelonians?

T.G.

turtlemanfla88

Just putting this out there my kids asked me the other day when we were feeding all of our turtles and tortoises. Dad, what do our animals think about us?. I said I do not know. Now thinking about it we are now finding certain species are talking and communicating with each other. For example expansa, Emys mountain tortoises. They might think my owners are and ugly or smart and hot.(LOL).

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
As far as tort keeping goes, I'm a COMPLETE novice :D I only have a russian and a sulcata, so I don't think I can correclty judge which is the 'worst.' Is there even one? :D

M

Maggie Cummings

For me I think it would be sulcata.
OMG!!! Worst??? I've kept a few different species of tort and I really have to say that Sulcata (while high maintenance and semi destructive) are more outgoing, smarter and more fun then most species. There's not a day that goes by that I don't laugh out loud at Bob, but I can't say the same about my Hermanni and I dearly love her. But she's not funny. Same with ABN, my other tortoise, not much personality. I don't think of Sulcata as 'destructive' so to speak, just too strong for their brain sometimes...:)