Wonder if they know the other one is even there?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
They are best friends, until Matilda gets hungry.😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Poor Matilda 😭 first a skink and now a frog 🐸 invading her territory.🥴😁 I'm pretty sure by the look in both their eyes they know.😉 nice picture.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's not a frog, it's a lizard, a skink I think.
That one looks like a frog but I've seen some pictures recently that were definitely a skink. Maybe I don't know.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry thought the pic looked like a frog too...no, it's the Skink. It was odd because they were both out at the same time....maybe the lizard's comfort level is going up?

Matilda doesn't seem to even notice the lizard, not once. When she is hungry & a worm pokes his head up, she's on it with intensity for her small size! So I have little doubt that she could hunt down and kill the lizard in that small space and I didn't want the space to become a den of torture for the lizard.....if Matilda had chased it, I would have let it go.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Kerry thought the pic looked like a frog too...no, it's the Skink. It was odd because they were both out at the same time....maybe the lizard's comfort level is going up?

Matilda doesn't seem to even notice the lizard, not once. When she is hungry & a worm pokes his head up, she's on it with intensity for her small size! So I have little doubt that she could hunt down and kill the lizard in that small space and I didn't want the space to become a den of torture for the lizard.....if Matilda had chased it, I would have let it go.
I tried to feed the box turtle I had super worms from the pet shop. She tried for a little bit and gave up. I got a refund on my super worms.😁That's why I kinda doubt Matilda would get after the skink too much. And then the skink can always just leave a bate tail if it feels too threatened. I just don't think the skink feels like he's in danger at all. I like how the leaves disquise the two of them like camouflage.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
[insert voiceover narrator]:
She's a grumpy old turtle with a taste for earthworms and mudbaths.
He's a wile young skink who made a wrong turn somewhere along the way.
But together they make a surprising team, solving mysteries and keeping their territory free of interlopers. Can they solve the crime and punish evil-doers before winter sets in and they both fall asleep?
Find out now, via this six-episode mini-series now available on Amazon Prime...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It was time to take out the string trimmer and go along the fences & curbs. So, when I got home today, I got my tool and as I was walking by, Super-vision (xray vision and all) kicked in and saw these guys...the bin was next to the house, I guess they fell in or explored-in from the concrete wall it was next to.

20230505_121647.jpg 20230505_121846.jpg

There was one more juvy but he had expired....they will spend a couple days at the Matilda sponsored Cinco-De-Mayo party, then will go back home and I'll let all the lizards go.

Still, cool to find & watch!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
[insert voiceover narrator]:
She's a grumpy old turtle with a taste for earthworms and mudbaths.
He's a wile young skink who made a wrong turn somewhere along the way.
But together they make a surprising team, solving mysteries and keeping their territory free of interlopers. Can they solve the crime and punish evil-doers before winter sets in and they both fall asleep?

Chapter one:
Usually Mathilda sleeps like a log, but tonight she woke up to use the bathroom and heard a raucous gathering.
She went to investigate and found Sly the Skink had been inviting friends over when he thought she was dead the world. The rest scattered to the wind, and Sly got a good talking to. He (probably) won't take advantage of her good nature again, but sometimes your past catches up with you and its hard to say "no" to temptation...

See what happens next, via this six-episode mini-series now available on Amazon Prime...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'll bet you're a hoot to hang out with S....your husband/wife/72others must have a happy life!

It's funny, all four lizards disappear into the orchid bark at night, can't even find them with a flashlight on the side of the glass!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We had a "finding out the order"...Matilda bit this guy earlier today. They were side by side for over an hour...lizard did not realize that she was being predated. Bad thing is I saw it happen, I yelled but it did noting to stop the inevitable. Matilda ignored me as sure as Chase our Sib Husky did when chasing a squirrel.

Doesn't seem to be injured though...and now is giving some space...hope she doesn't go actively hunting the lizards & I'll let the lizards go tomorrow morning.

Matilda will be happy
20230506_173042.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We had a "finding out the order"...Matilda bit this guy earlier today. They were side by side for over an hour...lizard did not realize that she was being predated. Bad thing is I saw it happen, I yelled but it did noting to stop the inevitable. Matilda ignored me as sure as Chase our Sib Husky did when chasing a squirrel.

Doesn't seem to be injured though...and now is giving some space...hope she doesn't go actively hunting the lizards & I'll let the lizards go tomorrow morning.

Matilda will be happy
View attachment 356680
And well according to people here 😁 tortoises are deaf so maybe turtles are too. But like my brother I think they are selectively deaf. He can sure feel the atmosphere changing if I try to sneak up. So can my tortoise 🐢 when I open the door to his room. I'm sure Matilda heard you lol she just didn't care. Does Matilda have red eyes?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles

Matilda will be happy
View attachment 356680

Chapter 2:
Normally one good tongue-lashing was all Mathilda needed to make others fear her wrath, but one friend of Sly's, the one with the crazy orange dye-job (kids these days!) thought they could mock her by staying out of her line of sight behind her - taunting her with their presence. "Nyah Nyah, you can't get me" like one would play with a hatchling... Little did they know how fast those old lady bones could move when sufficiently motivated. She gave them a piece of her mind, as well as a piece of her lip (literally). Didn't care who was watching, neither. That will teach anyone to invade her space without permission...

Will orange-throat survive the night? Find out tomorrow on As the Tort Turns, only on Amazon Prime...