Why does my environment keep changing?

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
A few weeks ago I redid my enclosure. For the first like two weeks I easily kept it at 82 degrees low side, 95 degrees high side, 98-102 basking. Humidity would be around 90 on the cool side and 80 on the hot side. It would be fine like that misting once in the morning and once at night. Now with nothing changing my basking spot wont stay stable it'll go up to 104 one time then the next time I check it goes down to like 94. I've tried moving the light very slightly and it creates a drastic change and I have to move it back. Also now my humidity is dropping down to around 80 on the cool side and low 70s on the low side. My substrate is a mix or fine and course coco coir. I use a 65w halogen spot light for a basking lamp and I use a CHE to keep ambient temp up. Any suggestions?

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
Tom said:
Open top?

Its a closed chamber made with plywood. The only place air escapes is the holes for the lighting cables to come through and the seems where the door I made lines up with the top. Other than that I sealed all of the seams with marine caulking to stop the humid air from escaping.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can you post a pic of the enclosure for me?

What are you using to measure temps and humidity?

BowDownBowser

Jacksonville, Florida
Tom said:
Can you post a pic of the enclosure for me?

What are you using to measure temps and humidity?

I'm not home right now, but I'll post some pics up later. I use two digital thermometer/hygrometers for temp and humidity on hot side and low side. I also use another digital thermometer will a probe just under the subrstate for the basking temp at a quick glance and I have an infrared temp gun to to check anywhere in the enclosure. Also the cool side thermometer has a a second probe that i use to measure the temp in my humid hide.