White chalky poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJackrage

5 Year Member
My Sulcata today was attacked by a dog today. (Don't worry, no damage and she's fine) But it seems like anytime she been flipped over over scared half to death, she lets out this chalky white poop. Is this normal? What is it?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
FlapJackrage said:
My Sulcata today was attacked by a dog today. (Don't worry, no damage and she's fine) But it seems like anytime she been flipped over over scared half to death, she lets out this chalky white poop. Is this normal? What is it?

Hmmmmm maybe it's a mix of pee and poop?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
It's called urates and is completely normal. That is not because she's scared though. It's common for tortoises so no worries. The consistency sounds normal as well. She's perhaps is using the bathroom when scared and the urates comes out with the pee. Glad to hear your lil one is fine.

Mordy

5 Year Member
Miami, Fl
thats normal. but what worries me is that you say "any time shes been flipped over or scared half to death...." sounds like shes been scared many times. you should try to reduce this as stress affects them way more seriously than us. their brain isnt made to handle it well and stress can kill them. just my advice.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You got ever so lucky that the dog did no harm. I hope your changing things so it does not happen again. I think everybody else has pretty much covered the urate question, just be sure it never becomes more solid then it is now. ;)

FlapJackrage

5 Year Member
Mordy said:
thats normal. but what worries me is that you say "any time shes been flipped over or scared half to death...." sounds like shes been scared many times. you should try to reduce this as stress affects them way more seriously than us. their brain isnt made to handle it well and stress can kill them. just my advice.

Well this is the second time I've seen this. She's been flipped over once before and that's when I saw it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.