Whether a male or female?

Location (City and/or State)
India
My tort is 2 yrs old.. I have searched a lot about determining sex of tort.. In some I found out female but in other ones male..
Can I get a perfect answer from anyone??
Thanks in advance..☺

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to small to sex, just guesses, right about 50/50

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Most torts take 3-5 years to get positive if male or female ?

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's the only down side to owning tortoises. Takes a long time to sex them. My leopard showed me he was a male after he turned two. If yours is a male, hopefully he will show you soon. If not, it's still a guessing game for a few more years.

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Give it a good long warm soak every morning and if it's a male I think a male Star will show at this age. At least my youngest male does, usually when passing urates or stool.

Doug

kyubi

Is that a normal size for 2 yo istar? Isn it supposed to be bigger? If plastron flat n tail is short, it usually female, looks like your tortie is female

India
That's the only down side to owning tortoises. Takes a long time to sex them. My leopard showed me he was a male after he turned two. If yours is a male, hopefully he will show you soon. If not, it's still a guessing game for a few more years.

Hoping for the same..

India
Is that a normal size for 2 yo istar? Isn it supposed to be bigger? If plastron flat n tail is short, it usually female, looks like your tortie is female
Hey kyubi, according to you what should be the size of 2 yr old tort??

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Btw another thing about Indian star is that female max out larger than male and are usually the faster grower of the 2 sexes !!

Cheers
SAM

Sent from my iPhone

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Most species of tortoise have female characteristics when young, only developing the male characteristics as they approach sexual maturity.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. The blood test in some lab can determent the sex. Take your torts to a vet, the vet may know where to go.