Wheezy Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sammamish, WA
good news to those afraid of giving shots; it gets easier with practice, and her last two shots have been smack in the middle of her muscle!

... Matt blew up her bulb, yesterday, but we had a temporary backup, so she's warm-ish while we run to the store. He was really upset about it. I just gave him a hug and saud "welcome to the hobby" and helped scoop out the substrate.

is everyone down with my drying out Penny's tank like this?
she's getting 2x daily soaks and 3 showers. and wet hay mash-- will that keep her hydrated enough?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ElfDa said:
off-topic:
i make and sell miniature teddy bears and needle-felted critters. :)
I've done some quilting and would love to make tortoise themed quilts, someday!

in the mean time, I'm working on felted tortoises-- I'll let you guys know when my store is open and ready for display. :D

We now have a section where members who have made at least 100 posts will be able to sell or advertise their "other" items. Its down under "everything else" and headed "personal promotion."

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
Re: Yvonne
I saw that, and plan to utilize, when I can-- I was asked about my sewing, and I answered; sorry if I ruffled some feathers.

if that was a "cool beans; keep us posted, when you can, in the appropriate place" then thanks. :)

Back to the main topic:

Penny took her shot like a champ, tonight!
she seems to be learning that a shot means a warm bath and a bite of mustard greens. :D

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
Penny didn't even pull her head in when she got her shot, tonight!
she was just impatient to get her treat.

so, for everyone worried about medicating and giving shots; they'll forgive you... for treats!

saw a snot bubble, though.
:c

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
Penny felt well enough to be a little turd about her penultimate shot; I'll take her 'tude as a good sign. ;)

Nofx

5 Year Member
Lucija, Slovenia
Where exactly do you give the shots?

Anyway, it's nice to hear some good news, keep up the good work :)

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
I've been giving her shots in the muscle of her forearm.
thanks! hopefully Penny will never need shots again, but I'm glad that I know how to administer them, now. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ElfDa said:
I saw that, and plan to utilize, when I can-- I was asked about my sewing, and I answered; sorry if I ruffled some feathers.

no-no-no-no-no! No feathers ruffled. I was merely letting you know that when the time comes, there's a place on the forum where you can promote your hand made items. What you said here was perfectly ok.

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
emysemys said:
ElfDa said:

no-no-no-no-no! No feathers ruffled. I was merely letting you know that when the time comes, there's a place on the forum where you can promote your hand made items. What you said here was perfectly ok.

rockin'. :)

Oh, and Penny has decided that Boots, out flat-faced cat, is her best friend.

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
someone remind me to never do leopard babies again, or maybe leopards in general, so long as I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Penny is fine, but we had another cold snap and I'm really glad I grabbed a 100watt bulb on my way home. =_= my fiance likes to turn off all the heat in the apt, seemingly arbitrarily, and "must have forgotten to feed the baby" today.

you'll be glad to know that I curbed my impulse to beat him with a bedding brick.
but only just.

Status
Not open for further replies.