whats your torts fav food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missgemma

5 Year Member
mine seams to be dandilions?
im in the proccess of trying other food so he can have a balanced diet.
also whats the best type of fruit i should give, ive herd strawberrys are good?
what does yours enjoy?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tallula eats anything !!! She loves butternut squash (fed once a week only), and her treats are Petunia flowers or blueberrries :) Thats her fave, but she does really eat anything I put in front of her. Other good nutritious food (you can feed this everyday) are different types of lettuces - endive, raddichio, escarole, romaine

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hermy loves dandelions, Radichio, Chicoria, cactus pear, Mazuri, kale, chicory, escarole...
I give him a bit of fruits once in a while (only as a treat), he loves strawberries :D

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...My Sulcatas' favorite is hibiscus flowers. Redfoot & Russians like collard greens & dandelions, Leopard tortoise prefers Spring Mix, & box turtles like fishworms.
Patsy

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Dale's is Kiwi and Strawberries and of course Blueberries. His other favorites are mushrooms and peppers and Radichio. :p

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
radish sprouts--by a long shot (he can smell them from far away and will come running)

But, there are only a few foods so far he doesn't like. He's pretty easy going. He won't eat Collard Greens, didn't care much for beet greens, and he didn't like the dandelion flowers so far (I plan to try again as I was surprised at that). I regularly feed spring mix, sprouts that I grow (all sorts of stuff), mustard greens, dandelion greens, etc.

Just be careful reading of tort's favorite foods. Keep in mind the species, as what is typical food for one could be a bad choice or only a treat for another species.

FunnyGirl

5 Year Member
ET my DT loves toes, ear plugs, and Funny's tail!

Kate, how ya' likin' this weather eh? Ready to trade your torts for turts?

Can someone tell me about califlower? My kids LOVE it. I just gave a bit to Splash and she was all over that. ET loves it too.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Romain, romain, romain!!! He does have a taste for castus pads, apple, cantalope and clover.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
All time favorite treat is squash blossoms, Hybiscus flowers especially red and the blue hybiscus.
Regular foods, young grape leaves,young Mulberry leaves, wandering jew are some of their favs.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Butternut Sqash is like crack for Charlie, he attacks, then would be kale then spring mix-- hates dandilion greens and flowers

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
FunnyGirl-I love this weather. I've only lived here a year though, and got my tort in December. He's sadly only been out a few times, but his indoor enclosure is very roomy (8 sq ft for his 2.5 in SCL), so I don't feel too horrible about it. Also, outside still scares him!

I don't know of any tort species offhand that could eat cauliflower on any sort of regular basis.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Pio will eat anything that I give him...loves to eat. He never really eats any of the plants in his enclosures, but pansies. He will eat them right down to the ground. Besides that, I guess I would say blackberries and cantaloupe are his all time favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.