What type of tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkarabas

5 Year Member
I am looking to get another tortoise i have a russian tortoise now and was looking for suggestions. I have plenty of space so am looking for something on the larger side. Not as big as a suculata however.

Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I think you ought to go to a local pet store or reptile show and see them in person. One will often "speak" to you.

What matters most to you? Appearance, size, personality, hardiness, friendliness, ease of housing, natural climate for outdoor housing (for example I don't keep redfoots, even though I like them, because I think its too dry where I am)?

We all have our favorites for so many reasons, but there is also practicality to consider. My climate plays a big part in the species I choose to work with.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I love my Hermann's. They aren't big - but they have so much personality!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you asking what type of tortoise you can keep with your Russian? then the answer is another Russian. If you want something to set up in a completely different habitat, then go with your gut. No one can choose a tortoise for you. YOU have to decided what you'd like to have (a radiated???).

Status
Not open for further replies.