What type of tortoise do we have here?

YellowfootMama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oshawa, Ontario
image.jpg image.jpg Just trying to figure out what type of tortoise we have here? So that we may provide proper care. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeh

5 Year Member
Definitely a yellow foot. Top of the nose tells it all.

YellowfootMama

5 Year Member
Oshawa, Ontario
We thought russian and have been feeding this diet as well as cuttlebone and timothy hay...I hope I've not hurt her in anyway. I've been trying so hard with the diet :( oopsoops

YellowfootMama

5 Year Member
Oshawa, Ontario
Thank you. The store I bought him from doesn't usually sell yellow foots, so I'm completely thrown off. Going to have to change my entire care strategy now. I just hope the past few weeks haven't hurt his development in anyway. Sure is a cutie !

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Definitely a yellow foot. I'm sure of it. Prefrontal scales(scales on it's nose) indicate it's yellow foot and not a Redfoot. Same care really. Keep I warm 80-90 and very humid. Offer lots of hides and a substrate to burry into. Coco coir or peat moss is always good. With some sphagnum moss layered on top. Medium UV lighting. I'd go with a tube 5.0 bulb. Feed variety of things from greens, to proteins like boiled eggs, snails, etc.. You can visit the red/yellow foot forums here and also check out thetortoiselibrary.com for great Info. They can get quite large but over a pretty long time. Around 10 years old they can be 13-17".

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Nice yellow foot. I have a Redfoot and a Cherryhead Redfoot. Your yellow foot is the same thing so the care sheet is the same. Pm me if you have questions and I can help you

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)