What type of Mazuri ?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Sure is. Soak it until it softens, mix with some hay or grass and feed!

leopard777

5 Year Member
anyone knows whats the difference with the old formula , this one better ?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The new one has more fiber.

Original Recipe: Ground Soybean Hulls, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholecalciferol, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Nicotinic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative), Ferrous Carbonate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

LS: Timothy hay, ground soybean hulls, dried beet pulp, oat hulls, wheat middlings, ground oats, dehulled soybean meal, cane molasses, dried apple pomace, wheat germ, flaxseed, ground aspen, carrageenan, ground brown rice, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, banana flavor, calcium carbonate, brewers dried yeast, salt, l-lysine, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), biotin, dried yucca shidigera extract, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), beta-carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K), calcium pantothenate, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, sucrose, fructose, thiamin mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, niacin, Primalac (Lactobacillus cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifido bacterium bifidium, Streptococcus Faecium, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, torula dried yeast), copper sulfate, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; ascorbic acid, rosemary extract), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
LS does not get mushy when its soaked. Slippery, but not mushy. It is fine for older bigger tortoises, but regular Mazuri is better for smaller tortoises and most situations.

I don't bother with the LS.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I apparently didn't read the bag. I've never seen it before. Sorry.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
LS will be able to be eaten with ease by hatchling leopard tortoises, when it is wetted it doesn't get mushy but it falls apart into small eatable moist pieces. I like it because my young sulcatas and my leopard tortoise can and do eat it dry, I still have to wet the original for them to eat it. By being able to feed dry mazuri you have almost zero waste and less clean up. Mine have a bowl of dry LS available at all times.You can crumble the dry LS using pliers if you want to feed it dry to the little ones, It crumbles better than the original.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I like the LS formula. My sulcata likes the the original Mazuri. He will eat the LS, but not with the same zeal as the original. When feeding LS there is always a handful of the LS leftover when he leaves his feeding spot. Never any leftover when I feed him original Mazuri. The reason I like the LS is that it has more fiber and it derives much of the fiber from Timothy grass. It is also less messy and easier to clean up. My sulcata doesn't care about the mess or cleaning up. He just likes the taste of the original.