What did FedEx bring???

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
( you might have an idea from where this is posted - so play along :rolleyes: )

Not that often does FedEx visit me.. but this morning he did -

Can't be very big from the size of the box - what's inside???

The little tub inside was all "humid" inside -

BUT it had my name on it .. I took it out of the box and laid it on the deck... and there is something kinda orange inside? -

Wonder what it is?????

I took the lid off the little tub and........ { and took a few pics of it } -

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
For awhile I've allowed myself to be distracted on things that have kept me from finishing an important project. That thing is out of my life now... the important project is only a couple hours from completion -- and now I can do what I like to do best - tell a story with pictures. { will be proceeding with the "Spotted Turtle" story ASAP! }

Meanwhile -- took the lid off and found this!!!

One of those from 'South of Brazil'..

more to come

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Hard not to want one... of everything. I missed having torts.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
How about these guys?

I picked him up and here's what he looks like -

Ya gotta luv all that color and those patterns 'all over' his head, etc. - and the dark developing on his plastron(?) -

Now here's the clincher!

We've heard so much about those "spurs" on those South of the Amazon.. here we go at only 3" or so!

BUT the thing that impressed me most is the fact he --- "Ate-right-out-of-the-box" !!!
[ one thing I've found being a 'photo-grabber' is.. when trying to get a good clear pic while they are eating is really difficult to do ( unless you have a zillion-dollar camera and a steady hand - which I have neither ).. so when trying to show head colors/patterns.. and them munching ... is not the best ]

Usually anyway!!!

HOWEVER.. did catch this one.. :cool:

:);):p:D

Not only did the breeder create great looking babies.. but the dealer got him here 'safe and sound' in very high temps - they included a 'cool-pack' on top.. as represented. This is the 3rd time I've dealt with them!

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Awesome! very good looking tort!

I was so nervous when we got our Leopard via Fedex. Such a relief when we opened box and container, there was the little guy looking up at us like
"Can't you see I am trying to sleep here?" hahaha he ate and pooped right away as well.

Congratulations!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Awesome! very good looking tort!

I was so nervous when we got our Leopard via Fedex. Such a relief when we opened box and container, there was the little guy looking up at us like
"Can't you see I am trying to sleep here?" hahaha he ate and pooped right away as well.

Congratulations!

Thanks... have shipped/received over 200 in the last 10+ years... and still the anticipation is there!

Tried to "down-size" - actually down to 0.2.3 -- now have 5 more!!!